We deal with all aspects of planning law ranging from advice on obtaining planning permission, lawful use claims, conservation area approvals and listed building consent. We also advise extensively on all aspects of enforcement work and we are experienced in planning appeals, local development plan appeals, examinations in public, statutory appeals and judicial review.
Other areas of our planning practice include:
- Advising on development potential:
- Planning applications and objections;
- Negotiating with Local Authorities over planning breaches;
- Defence strategies on prosecutions;
- Challenges against Inspector and Secretary of State decisions;
- Compulsory purchase and compensation;
- Advertisement law;
- Lands Tribunal litigation and strategies;
- Advising, drafting and negotiating Section 106 obligations including unilateral undertakings.
Examples of recent Planning Instructions:
- Drafting and Negotiating Section 106 Agreements for large development sites;
- Submitting planning appeals and representations against enforcement notices (both residential and commercial property);
- Advising on a compulsory purchase scheme for the construction of a new highway;
- Advising on planning breaches;